- What things can you recall from scripture about Joseph’s dreams and how he handled himself? What can we learn from these biblical accounts?
- What can we learn from 1 Chronicles 22:5-8 about a dream of David’s that he would not realize in his lifetime? What example does this provide for us?
- What is exemplified by Abraham as necessary to realize a dream? (Genesis 12:1-7)
- A Christ-centered life will dream Christ-centered dreams. How can we safeguard against imposing our will on God’s?
- Godly dreams are inspired by hope. If your dream is small, then your hope is little. What can be done to change this in your life?
Ignite scripture readings for Sept. 15-21 (Salt Shaker)
Matthew 5:13-16; 28:18-20 (and Fire Bible notes)
Mark 9:50; 16:14-16
John 17:20-23 (and Fire Bible notes)
Acts 1:8; 14
Philippians 2; 3:7-21
1 Peter 3:8-22
1. Briefly share how God has most recently shown Himself to you as Rock and Refuge.
2. Can you think of a time when you stood outside God’s presence and did not seek Him as a shelter in time of difficulty? [v.4]
3. How well do you feel like you live out Christ’s admonition in Matt. 6:25?
4. Is there an area of you life that you “run” as the world runs, trying to address daily needs? What area? What needs to change? [Matt. 6:31-32]
5. How might you grow personally in you pursuit of Christ’s Kingdom? [Matt. 6:33]
6. In what way can you cultivate a greater sensitivity to the Holy Spirit as the companion and guide for your life? How might doing so allow you to find a greater Rock and Refuge in Christ your Lord and Savior?
Ignite scripture readings for Sept. 8-14 (Dream)
Genesis 12:1-7; 15; 39-41
Psalm 40:5 (and Fire Bible notes)
Isaiah 30:18; 64:4 (and Fire Bible notes on 64:4)
Matthew 7:7-11; 21:21-22 (and Fire Bible notes on v. 7-8, 11)
John 14:1-14; 15:1-8
1 Corinthians 2:9-16
1 John 3:21-22; 5:14-15
Click here to listen or download.
1. What can we learn from 2 Chronicles 20 about the power of prayer?
2. What stood out to you most in Jehoshaphat’s prayer?
3. What things does God tell the people of Judah to do in the prophecy? (Hint: 5 things)
4. What does verse 21 teach us about faith in the Word of the Lord?
5. What daily, practical applications can we glean from this account?
Ignite scripture readings for Sept. 1-7 (The Rock)
2 Samuel 22:2-3, 31
Psalms 2:12; 5:11; 16:1; 17:8-9; 31:2, 20; 32:7; 34:8; 36:7; 61; 73:28; 91; 118:8; 141:8; 143:9
2 Corinthians 10:4-5
2 Timothy 4:18
1 Peter 2:4-10; 5:7-10
1 John 1-5 (all five chapters)
And all Fire Bible notes on these scriptures
Trinity Chapel Assembly of God
8617 Whipps Mill Rd br>
Louisville, KY 40222 br>
(502) 425-1636 br>
Sunday Services: 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM
Family Night Activities: Wednesdays at 7pm