Click here to listen.
Ignite scripture readings for May 26 – June 1 (Commitment)
Genesis 22:1-19; Hebrews 11:17-19
Psalms 9:1-3; 119 (and Fire Bible notes Psalms 119:113)
Matthew 27:62-28:20 (and Fire Bible notes Matthew 28:19, 20)
Luke 14:11-14; 20:27-38; 24 (and Fire Bible notes Luke 24:47)
John 5:29; 11:25; 20; 21 (and Fire Bible notes John 5:29)
I Corinthians 15:12-26
Philippians 3:7-14 (and Fire Bible notes Philippians 3:8-11)
I Peter 1:3-5 (and Fire Bible notes 1 Peter 1:3, 4, 5)
Revelation 2:11; 20:1-6; 21:6-8 (and Fire Bible notes Revelation 21:7)
Fire Bible articles:
Suffering of the Righteous (Job 2:7-8)
The Call of Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3)
- What reservations do you have about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and/or the gifts of the Spirit and why?
- How can we differentiate between the gifts of the Spirit and the natural outgrowth of ministry that comes from a believer’s growing relationship with Christ?
- Define three kinds of faith. Have you ever seen the gift of faith in operation?
- What are the four ways in which any of the gifts of revelation can be reflected?
- Have you recently had anyone manifest the ministry of these gifts in your life?
Click here to listen to the sermon, “Holy Spirit.”
Ignite scripture readings for May 19-25 (Outpouring)
Acts 3 (Fire Bible notes on Acts 3:6)
Acts 4 (and Fire Bible notes)
Acts 5; 6:3-5; 7:55 (Fire Bible notes on Acts 6:3)
Acts 13:52 (and Fire Bible note)
Acts 14 (Fire Bible notes on 14:3)
Acts 16:16-18 (and Fire Bible notes)
I Corinthians 12 (and Fire Bible notes)
I Corinthians 14 (and Fire Bible notes)
Ephesians 3:16-19 (and Fire Bible notes)
Ephesians 4:30-32 (and Fire Bible notes)
Ephesians 5:18-19 (and Fire Bible notes)
I Thessalonians 5:19-22 (and Fire Bible notes)
Jude 1:20 (and Fire Bible note)
Revelation 1:9-10 (and Fire Bible notes)
Miss Sunday’s sermon? Want to hear it again? Click here.
1. How do you think Jochebed was able to be a humble, godly influence on Moses in the midst of the material wealth and pleasures of his adoptive mother and Egyptian palace life? (Heb. 11:23-26)
2. Hannah made a big promise to God. Have you ever been in desperate situations and made promises to God? Did you keep them? (1 Sam. 1:11, 19-28; 2:19-21)
3. Hannah’s annual gift of a handmade robe for Samuel in his formative years had a big impact on him. How might we as believers sow into others’ lives to make a lifelong impact upon them? List some practical ways.
4. How can we foster an attitude of generosity toward God like Hannah when she had given all (her only son) yet still, out of love for God and Samuel, continued to give for his good and God’s glory? Would you be tempted to say that that you have given it all and have chosen not to keep giving? Would you say, “I have done enough”?
5. What are ways you can follow the example of Eunice and Lois for Timothy? (2 Tim. 1:5; Deut. 6)
Trinity Chapel Assembly of God
8617 Whipps Mill Rd br>
Louisville, KY 40222 br>
(502) 425-1636 br>
Sunday Service: 10:30 AM
Family Night Activities: Wednesdays at 7pm