1. How do you think Jochebed was able to be a humble, godly influence on Moses in the midst of the material wealth and pleasures of his adoptive mother and Egyptian palace life? (Heb. 11:23-26)
2. Hannah made a big promise to God. Have you ever been in desperate situations and made promises to God? Did you keep them? (1 Sam. 1:11, 19-28; 2:19-21)
3. Hannah’s annual gift of a handmade robe for Samuel in his formative years had a big impact on him. How might we as believers sow into others’ lives to make a lifelong impact upon them? List some practical ways.
4. How can we foster an attitude of generosity toward God like Hannah when she had given all (her only son) yet still, out of love for God and Samuel, continued to give for his good and God’s glory? Would you be tempted to say that that you have given it all and have chosen not to keep giving? Would you say, “I have done enough”?
5. What are ways you can follow the example of Eunice and Lois for Timothy? (2 Tim. 1:5; Deut. 6)
Latest posts by Trinity Chapel AG (see all)
- Absolute Certainties: Divine Healing | Pastor Mark Wilhoite (03.08.20) - March 8, 2020
- Consider Pure Joy | Pastor Stan Cook (03.01.20) - March 2, 2020
- Time to Rebuild | Rev. Brandon McDaniel (02.23.20) - February 23, 2020